DredgingToday
  • Capital Dredging
  • Maintenance Dredging
  • Land Reclamation
  • Port Expansion
  • Coastal Protection
  • More News
JobsNewsletter
DredgingToday logo

Your trusted source for global dredging news, part of the Navingo network.

Topics
  • Authorities & Government
  • Beach Nourishment
  • Berth Expansion
  • Breakwater Construction
  • Breakwater Construction & Repair
Network
  • Dredging Today
  • NavalToday
  • Offshore Wind
  • Offshore Energy
  • Maritieme Vacaturebank
Company
  • Advertising
  • Newsletter
  • Jobs
  • Report Your News
  • Privacy Policy

© 2026 Navingo. All rights reserved.

Home›Business & Finance›Eden Breakwater Wharf Plans Move Ahead
Business & Finance

December 4, 2014 · about 11 years ago

Eden Breakwater Wharf Plans Move Ahead

NSW Trade & Investment Crown Lands has announced that planning for the Eden Breakwater Wharf Extension Project is underway. “Following the decision earlier this year Crown Lands has taken over responsibility from Bega Valley Shire Council for delivery of the project. The NSW government will work clo

2 minutes read
  • LinkedIn
  • X
  • Email

NSW Trade & Investment Crown Lands has announced that planning for the Eden Breakwater Wharf Extension Project is underway.

“ Following the decision earlier this year Crown Lands has taken over responsibility from Bega Valley Shire Council for delivery of the project. The NSW government will work closely with Council during planning and construction for this important community project, ” said Stephen Wills, Director Infrastructure and Land Management.

“ The project design and site investigations are underway and a detailed approval process will follow. The Breakwater Wharf Extension project is an important development for the town of Eden. It will increase economic activity during the construction phase and increase visitation of cruise vessels once completed ,” Mr Wills said.

“ On site construction is scheduled to commence in mid-2015 and is estimated at $15 million with commitments of $10m from the Australian Government, $3m from the NSW State Government and $2m from Bega Valley Shire Council. The Commonwealth is currently considering the NSW Government’s request for funding.

“The long term economic opportunities provided by this project through tourism will be of benefit to local businesses and community.

“A community information evening will be held on Tuesday, 9 December at the Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Center between 3pm and 7pm. The evening will give anyone interested in the wharf extension the opportunity to learn about the design and schedule, and meet the team involved in delivering the project.”

[mappress mapid=”19441″]

Press Release

Reach the DredgingToday industry in one go!

DredgingToday is read by thousands of professionals every day.

Increase your visibility with banners, tell your story with a branded article, and showcase your expertise with a full-page company profile in our business directory.

CONTACT

Follow DredgingToday on:

Filed under

Business & Finance

Daily news in your mailbox

Join thousands of industry professionals who start their day with our newsletter.

Trending Now

  1. 1BREAKING NEWS: Dredging work underway for Iraq’s first LNG import terminal
  2. 2Jan De Nul: Spotlight on Bankbusters project
  3. 3Marina de Lagos expansion: New berths enter final stretch
  4. 4Secretary Dizon: President Marcos wants all waterways in Naga City dredged

Daily news in your mailbox

Join thousands of industry professionals who start their day with our newsletter.

Subscribe free