DredgingToday
  • Capital Dredging
  • Maintenance Dredging
  • Land Reclamation
  • Port Expansion
  • Coastal Protection
  • More News
JobsNewsletter
DredgingToday logo

Your trusted source for global dredging news, part of the Navingo network.

Topics
  • Authorities & Government
  • Beach Nourishment
  • Berth Expansion
  • Breakwater Construction
  • Breakwater Construction & Repair
Network
  • Dredging Today
  • NavalToday
  • Offshore Wind
  • Offshore Energy
  • Maritieme Vacaturebank
Company
  • Advertising
  • Newsletter
  • Jobs
  • Report Your News
  • Privacy Policy

© 2026 Navingo. All rights reserved.

Home›Business & Finance›Orion Group Holdings Reports Q1 Net Loss
Business & Finance

May 4, 2017 · about 9 years ago

Orion Group Holdings Reports Q1 Net Loss

Orion Group Holdings, Inc. today reported a net loss for the three months ended March 31, 2017, of $1.8 million ($0.07 diluted loss per share). These results compare to a net loss of $1.2 million ($0.04 diluted loss per share) for the same period a year ago, Orion said. “We were pleased with our mar

2 minutes read
  • LinkedIn
  • X
  • Email

Orion Group Holdings, Inc. today reported a net loss for the three months ended March 31, 2017, of $1.8 million ($0.07 diluted loss per share).

These results compare to a net loss of $1.2 million ($0.04 diluted loss per share) for the same period a year ago, Orion said.

“We were pleased with our market opportunities during the first quarter,” said Mark Stauffer, Orion Group Holdings’ President and Chief Executive Officer.

“As we previously mentioned, during the first quarter we saw delays in customers obtaining their permits on certain marine construction segment projects, which prevented us from starting these projects due to delayed notices to proceed, and which affected the overall mix of our project work during the quarter.”

First Quarter 2017 Highlights

“Our marine construction segment continues to see private sector demand from a broad range of customers requiring waterside infrastructure improvements. Our emphasis remains on effective execution on projects, improving dredge utilization and controlling costs in order to maximize profitability,” added Mr. Stauffer.

“Despite the permitting process interruptions encountered during the first quarter, our underlying marine construction segment fundamentals are sound. In the public sector, we continue to monitor local, state and federal opportunities and pursue appropriate projects and bid lettings from the USACOE and other agencies as they become available.”

Backlog of work under contract as of March 31, 2017 was approximately $395 million, which compares with backlog under contract at March 31, 2016 of approximately $385 million.

Of the March 31, 2017 ending backlog, approximately $238 million was attributable to the marine construction segment, while $157 million was attributable to the concrete construction segment.

Reach the DredgingToday industry in one go!

DredgingToday is read by thousands of professionals every day.

Increase your visibility with banners, tell your story with a branded article, and showcase your expertise with a full-page company profile in our business directory.

CONTACT

Follow DredgingToday on:

Filed under

Business & Finance

Daily news in your mailbox

Join thousands of industry professionals who start their day with our newsletter.

Trending Now

  1. 1BREAKING NEWS: Dredging work underway for Iraq’s first LNG import terminal
  2. 2Jan De Nul: Spotlight on Bankbusters project
  3. 3Marina de Lagos expansion: New berths enter final stretch
  4. 4Secretary Dizon: President Marcos wants all waterways in Naga City dredged

Daily news in your mailbox

Join thousands of industry professionals who start their day with our newsletter.

Subscribe free