DredgingToday
  • Capital Dredging
  • Maintenance Dredging
  • Land Reclamation
  • Port Expansion
  • Coastal Protection
  • More News
JobsNewsletter
DredgingToday logo

Your trusted source for global dredging news, part of the Navingo network.

Topics
  • Authorities & Government
  • Beach Nourishment
  • Berth Expansion
  • Breakwater Construction
  • Breakwater Construction & Repair
Network
  • Dredging Today
  • NavalToday
  • Offshore Wind
  • Offshore Energy
  • Maritieme Vacaturebank
Company
  • Advertising
  • Newsletter
  • Jobs
  • Report Your News
  • Privacy Policy

© 2026 Navingo. All rights reserved.

Home›Business & Finance›Scottish Enterprise Funding for Aberdeen Harbor Expansion
Business & Finance

July 17, 2017 · about 9 years ago

Scottish Enterprise Funding for Aberdeen Harbor Expansion

The First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has welcomed news that Scottish Enterprise will contribute £11.7 million towards Aberdeen Harbor’s £350 million expansion, supporting the creation of 2,300 jobs by 2026. SE funding is in addition to support from the European Investment Bank, which is providing a lo

2 minutes read
  • LinkedIn
  • X
  • Email

The First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has welcomed news that Scottish Enterprise will contribute £11.7 million towards Aberdeen Harbor’s £350 million expansion, supporting the creation of 2,300 jobs by 2026.

SE funding is in addition to support from the European Investment Bank, which is providing a loan of up to £175 million, and support of up to £11 million from Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Councils via Aberdeen City Region Deal.

Visiting the harbor today, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said: “Aberdeen Harbor is Scotland’s main oil and gas port and one of Europe’s leading marine support centers for offshore energy. This funding will open up significant opportunities to diversify and exploit the rapid growth in cruise tourism and the renewables markets in Scotland.

“We are already seeing Scottish-based firms seizing decommissioning opportunities, and we are committed to supporting Scottish industry to win further valuable contracts. That’s why we developed a Decommissioning Plan last year, and have since launched the £5 million Decommissioning Challenge Fund.”

Chief Executive of Aberdeen Harbor, Colin Parker, said: “This funding is immensely significant. It further demonstrates recognition of this strategic project as one of national and international importance. The facilities developed will transform the port’s ability to accommodate the trend for larger vessels we are witnessing across a whole range of industries, thereby encouraging commercial diversification and future-proofing the port’s ability to support large scale marine operations.”

Following a detailed engagement process, Aberdeen Harbor Board, in partnership with Dragados UK, the main contractor, will develop facilities over the next three years that will represent a step change in the marine support capabilities in Scotland.

The new facilities will include 1,400 meters of new quay, with a water depth of up to 10.5 meters and will create an additional 125,000 square meters of lay-down area.

Reach the DredgingToday industry in one go!

DredgingToday is read by thousands of professionals every day.

Increase your visibility with banners, tell your story with a branded article, and showcase your expertise with a full-page company profile in our business directory.

CONTACT

Follow DredgingToday on:

Filed under

Business & Finance

Daily news in your mailbox

Join thousands of industry professionals who start their day with our newsletter.

Trending Now

  1. 1BREAKING NEWS: Dredging work underway for Iraq’s first LNG import terminal
  2. 2Jan De Nul: Spotlight on Bankbusters project
  3. 3Marina de Lagos expansion: New berths enter final stretch
  4. 4Secretary Dizon: President Marcos wants all waterways in Naga City dredged

Daily news in your mailbox

Join thousands of industry professionals who start their day with our newsletter.

Subscribe free