DredgingToday
  • Capital Dredging
  • Maintenance Dredging
  • Land Reclamation
  • Port Expansion
  • Coastal Protection
  • More News
JobsNewsletter
DredgingToday logo

Your trusted source for global dredging news, part of the Navingo network.

Topics
  • Authorities & Government
  • Beach Nourishment
  • Berth Expansion
  • Breakwater Construction
  • Breakwater Construction & Repair
Network
  • Dredging Today
  • NavalToday
  • Offshore Wind
  • Offshore Energy
  • Maritieme Vacaturebank
Company
  • Advertising
  • Newsletter
  • Jobs
  • Report Your News
  • Privacy Policy

© 2026 Navingo. All rights reserved.

Home›Business & Finance›Representative Sanford Commends Progress on Post 45
Business & Finance

July 22, 2017 · about 9 years ago

Representative Sanford Commends Progress on Post 45

Representative Mark Sanford released the following statement after the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers signed a Project Partnership Agreement with the South Carolina Ports Authority last week, which officially starts the construction phase of the Charleston Harbor Post 45 Deepening project. “I’m please

1 minutes read
  • LinkedIn
  • X
  • Email

Representative Mark Sanford released the following statement after the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers signed a Project Partnership Agreement with the South Carolina Ports Authority last week, which officially starts the construction phase of the Charleston Harbor Post 45 Deepening project.

“I’m pleased that the Charleston Harbor Deepening project is entering into a new phase, and I think that everyone involved is excited to start to see the fruits of their labor be put into action,” said Sanford.

“Once completed, the Port of Charleston will offer the deepest harbor on the East Coast with unrestricted capability to handle post-Panamax vessel calls. It’s impressive to see such an important project sticking to its rigorous schedule.”

The award of the first contract this fall by the Charleston District will enable dredging construction to begin in the entrance channel in December.

Depending on full-funding, dredge availability, weather and a variety of other factors, the construction of the entire project will take 40-76 months.

A timeline for the dredging of the upper and lower harbors has not yet been finalized, but will take place concurrently during a portion of this timeframe, said USACE.

Reach the DredgingToday industry in one go!

DredgingToday is read by thousands of professionals every day.

Increase your visibility with banners, tell your story with a branded article, and showcase your expertise with a full-page company profile in our business directory.

CONTACT

Follow DredgingToday on:

Filed under

Business & Finance

Daily news in your mailbox

Join thousands of industry professionals who start their day with our newsletter.

Trending Now

  1. 1BREAKING NEWS: Dredging work underway for Iraq’s first LNG import terminal
  2. 2Jan De Nul: Spotlight on Bankbusters project
  3. 3Marina de Lagos expansion: New berths enter final stretch
  4. 4Secretary Dizon: President Marcos wants all waterways in Naga City dredged

Daily news in your mailbox

Join thousands of industry professionals who start their day with our newsletter.

Subscribe free