The Town of Carolina Beach, NC, has announced that dredging of the Intracoastal Waterway and the Carolina Beach Inlet Crossing is set to begin in April. During the project, some portions of Freeman Park where the spoils are being deposited will be closed for the visitors, the city said. The U.S. Arm
Van Oord, a Rotterdam based company specializing in dredging, marine engineering and offshore projects, has just announced that in 2016 their revenue decreased to an amount of EUR 1.71 billion (2015 EUR 2.58 billion) and net profits went down to EUR 90 million (2015: EUR 169 million). In dredging, r
Her Royal Highness Princess Anne yesterday officially named the new jetty which will house the Royal Navy’s giant new aircraft carriers in Portsmouth. The Princess unveiled a plaque at Portsmouth Naval Base officially naming the vast berth as The Princess Royal Jetty. Formerly known as Middle Slip J
Sweco, a Swedish engineering consultancy company, has signed new consultant service agreements for the Odra-Vistula Flood Management project in Poland. These represent Sweco’s third and fourth contracts under the scheme and have an aggregate value of PLN 24 million (approximately SEK 53 million or E
Poole Harbor Commissioners (PHC) recently appointed BAM Nuttall Ltd as the main contractor for a £10 million project to provide the commercial port with a new 200m long deep water quay. The new quay will need approximately 1,800 tons of steel piles, all of which will be delivered by sea. In addition
Refining NZ has started the next round of public consultation about its proposal to bring bigger cargoes of crude to Marsden Point. “The most visible part of the consultation, The Deeper Story pop-up container, outlining the rationale and scope of the proposal will be located in and around Whangarei
Researchers from the Delft University of Technology and the Delta Alliance joined forces with the Ghanaian Development Institute and the University of Ghana to discuss the challenges for integrated planning and sustainable management of the Volta river delta. At two recent workshops Dutch and Ghanai
The Mississippi River Commission (MRC) will conduct its annual high-water inspection trip on the Mississippi River April 3-7, 2017, USACE’s New Orleans District said in its latest release. Four public meetings have been scheduled aboard the Motor Vessel Mississippi in selected towns along the river
Members of the Steering Group (SG) for the Sidmouth and East Beach Management Plan (SEBMP) demonstrated unanimous support for the aims of the SEBMP last week by voting in favor of a final version of the proposed Beach Management Plan. A report on the SEBMP will now be presented at a meeting of East
Catherine McKenna, Canadian Minister of Environment and Climate Change, announced last Friday the appointment of Dr. Douw Steyn as a new member of the Review Panel established to conduct the environment assessment of the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project in Delta, British Columbia. Dr. Douw S
New Jersey’s last major Post-Sandy recovery project, the Absecon Island scheme is set to begin this April, according to the Department of Environmental Protection Commissioner Bob Martin. The $63 million beach fill project will be carried out jointly by the Cranford-based Weeks Marine company, the U
The International Association of Dredging Contractors (IADC) has just announced that an updated version of ‘Facts About: Building with Nature’ is now available. ‘Facts About: Building with Nature’ talks about a design philosophy that uses natural processes (ecosystem services) to realize structures
Weeks Marine was recently awarded contract for the northern Ocean County storm damage reduction project. The project contractor will start pumping sand in Ortley Beach in mid-April, marking the start of work on northern Ocean County’s beaches, hammered by Superstorm Sandy in October 2012, reports De
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston District, has received $10.6 million in funding to accomplish an emergency beach renourishment project in the city of North Myrtle Beach. The city said in its announcement said that current indications are that the funding will not require a cost sharing